Marketing Matters #1- Short term marketing actions
This is a challenging and turbulent time for everyone. We’re seeing change beyond all bounds of any definition of ‘normal’. It’s especially hard when as the leader you are responsible for navigating the business through these turbulent waters.
Introducing Marketing Matters
Our new Marketing Matters series will provide insightful videos and on-demand webinar content that we hope will help you navigate your business in this time. Over the coming weeks we will look to provide:
- Tips on what marketing activity to stop, and what to invest more in
- Adjusting your marketing approach during the Coronavirus crisis
- How to plan for the recovery
- Examples of businesses doing great things in response to the outbreak
- Hints and tips on leveraging marketing technologies that may be new to you
What can your business do in the short term?
In our first video, Richard Hancock (our London Region Director) discusses some pragmatic marketing steps that businesses need to take right now, including:
- Review all your marketing communications
- Cut discretionary spend
- Review your agency and supplier relationships
- Review policies on dealing with customers
Absolutely the same applies to our customers you need to review your policies on dealing with customers and it may be that a blanket and inflexible reliance on your standard T's and C's may satisfy the FT in the short term requirements to squeeze as much revenue out of the existing business that you've got in the pipeline but it may have devastating long-term consequences for your business.
More videos coming soon...
Sign-up to our SME Resource Centre and watch out for upcoming videos on:
- Marketing through the Coronavirus Crisis: what can your business do in the short term?
- What to cut and what to invest in?
- How best to connect with your customers, what can you do to rebuild rapport?
We're here to help keep your business on track during these turbulent times.